Welcome to Annie's Remedy
The purpose of these pages is to serve as a reference, a distillation of everything I have learned that has helped or hindered my own quest for healthy living.It is a work in progress, so check back often!
The information on the medicinal properties and uses of herbs presented here is for information purposes only.** Though I have made every effort to gather the most up to date and accurate information, no explicit guarantee is made for the effectiveness of these herbal remedies. The practice of plant based medicine demands a high level of knowledge, common sense, and respect for the power of nature. I am a home herbalist, not a trained medical practitioner. My main goal is preserve and practice the wise woman ways for myself, my family and friends. I sincerely hope you find something here that can be of use for you and yours too.
Finding your way around Annies Remedy The two main sections of this website organize information in different ways; and it can be confusing at first. The medicinal herb chart lists herbs alphabetically and by properties and actions, with links to individual herb profiles. It is a great starting point if you are looking for information on a single herb or medicinal plant. The herbal remedies section is grouped by health concerns with links to recipes and procedures for using and preparing herbal teas, oils, salves and so forth. Each remedy contains links back to information on the herbs used in the remedy. If you can not find the information you were searching for, please let us know so we can improve our listings.
- Personal health beliefs and facts: The information presented here is for informational purposes only. I firmly believe that people should take charge of their own health and take responsibility for any herb, drug or other substance they choose to put into their bodies.
- An important facet of herbalism is that every individual is a unique circumstance, and choosing the right herb to use takes into account a persons age, weight, health conditions, emotional well being, and living environment and so on. This is very different from prescription drugs that are targeted at defeating a disease, not keeping people well.
- I am not a doctor, or licensed medical professional. I believe in sharing knowledge among equals, in the traditional way that "folklore", the collective wisdom of ordinary peopl,e has always been passed down from one generation to the next. There is a concern that the governments can become too intrusive and seek to suppress this kind of knowledge in an misguided effort to protect consumers. Read about the Dietary Supplement Health and Education act of 1994 and find out why you should care about this issue.
- Link exchanges: Link exchanges are no longer being accepted.
- Mountain Rose Herbs : Annie's Remedy operates as an affiliate of Mountain Rose Herbs. This means we get a percentage of sales that originate from our website, but do not retain any information on customers, or sell any products directly. Mountain Rose handles all aspects of product sales through their fantastic customer service department. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Citations Cite information given on this website in MLA style: Author:Stage, Annie, Anniesremedy.com;
- Contact: email@example.com
Please use the form below to pose questions related to the operation of the website, or suggestions and general questions about herbs. If you have questions or concerns about any information you found, (or didn't find) on our website or if you consider any of the herbal information presented here to be wrong or incomplete, please let us know what and why. Feel free to point out any glaring errors in spelling if you are so inclined. Your privacy will be respected, and your email will not be shared with any other entities. Often one person will ask a question that many people may have wondered about, and we may post your question (stripping of any personal info ) so that others may learn as well.
The internet is a great resource for researching herbs, but it is not the best way to diagnose illness, or form a treatment plan. We cannot answer questions regarding individual health problems, please seek out a local natural health practitioner.