Annies Remedy - Herbs for Self Healing
Annies Remedy A-Z Medicinal Herb Chart contains information on hundreds of traditional medicinal herbs and plants, yet it is still only a tiny fraction of the natural plants used for healing worldwide. The focus is for the most part on Western herbs though there is a sampling on the most popular herbs from the herbal traditions of China and Ayurveda as well as other cultures. The herb profiles include photographs, descriptions, medicinal uses, folklore, and references from the leading herbalists of today and ancient times. You can browse alphabetically by common names, to find information on a popular herb like ginger, or find it listed by its botanical name, Zingiber officinale.
Herbs are also grouped by their properties and actions. For example you will find herbs that are Adaptogens used in many herbal formulas for building the immune system and increasing the body's resistance to stress and adversity . Anti-inflammatory herbs help to calm flare ups in the digestive system as well as providing alternative remedies for arthritis. Antibacterial herbs help the body ward off cold germs and other infections of the airways while expectorants help to calm coughs.
The practical and common uses of herbs, as well as recipes and instructions on how to use them can be found in the herbal remedies section. The wise woman's knowledge of plants is of a practical nature, based on skill, observation, and recipes that are passed down from generation to generation. She was the family doctor, herbalist, candle maker, chef, and seamstress all rolled into one. This collection of herbal remedies grew out of a personal quest for self healing with herbal based alternative medicine. I hope you will find something here that helps you also, whatever your interest in natural, alternative medicine may be. Two of of the most popular uses for herbs according to our website visitors are: Natural strategies for healthy weight loss , and finding new ways to preserve and improve our ability to focus and combat memory loss . One of the most amazing things you will learn as you start to bring herbs and plants into use your daily life is how versatile they can be. We hope to provide you a good starting place in your search for health and well being.
February - Warming Winters Chill
February's flower, the violet, is a symbol of faithfulness, modesty, and simplicity. However it is the rose that reigns supreme as the classic symbol of love. The rose is a sensual, evocative aphrodisiac that affects both mind and body in a synergistic fashion. The scent of roses reaches within to lift depressive moods and creates a feeling of well being and mild euphoria. Renew your loving vows on Saint Valentine's Day with these classic aromatherapy and massage blends featuring rose, ylang-ylang and jasmine.
Winter seems even more cold and prolonged this year. Artic storms hold much of the nation in an icy grip even here in the normally balmy South. Herbs bring needed warmth to our food and drink and help to heal our souls ills whatever the weather brings. Trusted family home remedies for colds are treasured and passed down from generation to generation because they work so well. We have gathered some of the best here at Annies Remedy. Herbal teas with lemon, eucalyptus, thyme and mint work better and cost less than any you can buy at the pharmacy. Prepare your family for the cold and flu season by stocking your herbal medicine chest with these home remedies for colds.
AnnieFeatured Links for February:
- Jasmine Legendary jasmine is a sensual delight, and is one of the principle oils used in perfumes and ointments for dry sensitive skin.
- Kava kava lactones have relaxing and intoxicating properties. Kava can be used as a relaxin evening drink to connect with friends
- Elder berries,Sambucus nigra, make a tart and tasty tea that is a winter favorite. Enhance it with hot spicy cinnamon and ginger for an effective herbal remedy against colds and flu.
- Yerba mate and red rooibos tea: Why these two herbs are made for each other and can boost your healthy lifestyle.
- Ginger, ginkgo, and hawthorn are three of the most often prescribed herbs worldwide. Learn why these herbs can add years to your lifespan.
- Herbal adaptogens may offer a solution to those who suffer from chronic fatigue. These herbs help regulate the body's energy supply and recharge the immune system providing protection during winter's cold and flu season.