St. Johns Wort flowering tops
This hypericated oil is a useful external application for damaged skin. You need to have access to your own fresh flowers, the dried herb does not extract in oil. Because of the high cost of St. Johns oil, you may want to "stretch" it by combining with other oils that are healing to the skin, and apply it sparingly when using full strength.
Tags and Uses for this Remedy
- Arthritis :There are many other herbal medicines that fight inflammation and relieve pain; you will find the details on how to use them in the following pages.
- Bruises/sprains :Life is full of bumps and bruises, from childhood on into old age. Bruises are
the result of bleeding when the tiny capillaries under the skin are damaged,
usually by an injury.
- Burns : Minor burns can be treated at home and will heal on their own. The best thing you can do is reduce the heat, by applying cold water or ice.
- Ear :Herbal oils such as bay, garlic, and mullein oil can be dropped into the ears to relieve pain.
- Gastritis/ulcer :Gastritis is an inflammation of the stomach lining.
- Gout :Gout, one of the most painful forms of arthritis, is found primarily in men. While we can't cure it, we do have several highly effective herbal treatments to control it.
- Herb_Infused_Oil :Herb infused oils are easy to make, even for beginning home herbalists. A warm sunny window, dried or fresh herbs, organic olive oil and a little time is all you need. Remedies using comfrey, calendula, St. Johns wort and others are indispensable healing agents for healing agent for treating cuts, scrapes, chapped skin, diaper rash, eczema, and windburn etc..
- Infection :Herbal remedies are effective, safer, and cost less to use than synthetic compounds and antibiotics.
- Nerve/Back Pain : Nerve pain is more difficult to treat than other types of muscle and joint
pain. This is something you know well if you have had a lower back injury or
slipped disc; sciatica can be devastating.
- Pain Relief :Herbal remedies can bring blessed relief from body aches, sore muscles, headaches and arthritis pain..
- Rashes :Poison ivy, allergic reactions,
flea and insect bites, diaper rash - these can all be treated at home using your own herbal remedies.
- Skin Care :Natural, organic skin care remedies do a better job of protecting and healing skin than store bought cosmetics.
- Sunburns :Herbal remedies like St. Johns wort and tamanu oil offer protection and healing in cases of sunburn.
- Varicose Veins :Varicose veins occur when blood leaks back into the vein and collects there,
causing the vein to become congested or clogged. This congestion will cause
the vein to abnormally enlarge.